Dewsbury & District Model Aero Club (DDMAC) Forum

www.dewsburymac.org.uk
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:37 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:19 am 
Site Admin

The Guy Fawkes fun fly and club bonfire, are to be held on Saturday 4th November 2017, down at the DDMAC flying field.

The itinerary for the day is as follows:

1. 1200 to 1300 Free Flying.

2. 1300 to 1430 ETA Event & Free Flying.

3. 1430 to 1600 Fixed Wing Rolls & Loops & Helicopter / Multi Rotor Flips Events.

4. 1600 onwards Free Flying & Night Flying.

5. 1700 to 1900 Bonfire Lit, Food Served, Night Flying & Fireworks.

If the flying has to be delayed or cancelled due to the weather, any updates will be placed on here. The bonfire and fireworks will go ahead irrespective of the weather.

The idea of this event, is that family and friends can come along, towards the end of the day (or before) for the bonfire and fireworks.

To assist with the funding of this event, it is asked that each attending DDMAC member, makes a contribution of £10.00, with an additional £3.00 per person, for every other family member or friend, who they bring along.

We will be making a purchase of commercial fireworks again, like we have for the last few years. The cost of the fireworks and food, is likely to be well over £600.00.

We intend to provide pie and peas, jacket potatoes, drinks & sweets during the bonfire.

If you are coming along, we need to know, how many people are in your party and your preferred choice of food (i.e. pie and peas, jacket potato or both).

Please complete, the on-line attendance / food order form (link below), or let Martin Lynn know as soon as possible, if you are coming along, with numbers in your party and your choice of food.

We will be issuing food vouchers (like last year) on the day, for members who have placed a food order. The vouchers can then be handed over, to our catering team, to enable the member or guest to obtain their choice of food.

No Voucher No Food’ - Sorry but we need to know the numbers.

On line bonfire 2017 attendance / food order form: https://goo.gl/forms/l0bwgxBx2SQJKVGN2

Thank You,
Martin Lynn.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:38 pm 

The Bales of wood are sorted and will be delivered commencing the 1st of November . We are being given 30 bales which should ensure a satisfactory bonfire.
As usual help will be need to stack the bales with Daves tractor doing most of the work.
The majority of help will be needed on the Saturday to get the fire ready and erect the marquees for the barbeque and seating area. At this time it is proposed to strip the cabin out and give the floor a good clean before and after the event (mop and bucket would handy ), there will be an area around the fire to cordon off amongst other things
Please let me know if you can help especially on the Saturday

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:52 am 
Site Admin

John,

I will be available on the Friday and Saturday.

However, to date I have only had replies, from 4 members, including myself, indicating they will be attending the bonfire.

I will mention it again, at the club meeting on Thursday 12th October, but if we do not have the numbers attending, we might have to scale the bonfire event down and reconsider what to do.

Martin.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:08 am 
Site Admin

If any members turn up on the night of the bonfire, without letting us know they are coming, they will be asked to pay £10.00 per person, plus £3.00 for any guests. It is however unlikely we will be able to provide them with any pie and peas or jacket potatoes. There may be some food available from the barbecue, if it is still going.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:19 pm 

Guest appearance for 2017 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:48 pm 
Site Admin

This event is going ahead. I will be down at the field, just after 9.00am to set things up.

The weather looks like, it should not be too bad. The current forecast is suggesting, any early rain should clear away, and it should then remain fine, with light cloud and a few possible sunny spells. Hopefully the wind will not be too strong, with a light to moderate Westerly (11 mph with gust to 22 mph).

Thank you to everyone who has helped over the last few days, cutting the grass, stacking the bonfire and clearing/tidying the car park area.

The itinerary for the day is as follows:

1. 1200 to 1300 Free Flying.

2. 1300 to 1430 ETA Event & Free Flying.

3. 1430 to 1600 Fixed Wing Rolls & Loops & Helicopter / Multi Rotor Flips Events.

4. 1600 onwards Free Flying & Night Flying.

5. 1700 to 1900 Bonfire Lit, Food Served, Night Flying & Fireworks.

Martin.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:54 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you to everyone who attended the club Guy Fawkes Fun Fly and Bonfire today. It seemed to go down quite well, and we just about missed the rain (started as we finished off clearing up).

Thank you once again, to everyone who helped run the event and helped to set things up, during the last few days.

We raised another £50.00 towards our nominated charity for the year (The Alzheimer’s Society), making a total of £405.50 for the year.

I could do with a rest next year (I have organised the bonfire and Guy Fawkes fun fly for the last 6 years), if anyone fancies organising this event next year, please come forward and let us know.

Martin.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:54 am 

A big thank you from everyone who came from my 'party',it was another great bonfire day/night event at the DDMAC flying field.
Extra thanks to everyone who helped to make the whole event run so smoothly and a massive thank you to all the wonderful catering crew.All my 'lot' went home with extremely full tummies :lol: