Dewsbury & District Model Aero Club (DDMAC) Forum

www.dewsburymac.org.uk
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:43 am 
Site Admin

We are holding an Easter fun fly event on Monday 28th March 2016 (Easter Monday), starting at 11.00am, down at our field.

We will be extending an invitation, to other local clubs to join us for the day, like we did last year.
We are looking to provide tea, coffee and bacon and sausage sandwiches around midday.

To assist with planning and catering on the day, we would appreciate an indication of your attendance, together with numbers in your party and numbers requiring something to eat. You can let us know, by utilising the online form (link below – it only takes a few seconds).
Attendance / Food Order Form: http://goo.gl/forms/d5TU1q5XOc

Any updates will be placed on the forum nearer the day, including any confirmation/cancellation, as to whether, the event is going ahead or not, in case the weather, does takes a turn for the worst.

Schedule & Events for the day.

1. 1100 to 1200 Event Opening & Free Flying.
2. 1200 to 1300 Free Flying, tea, coffee, bacon & sausage sandwiches served.
3. 1300 to 1430 ETA Event & Free Flying.
4. 1430 to 1530 Fixed Wing Loops/Rolls & Helicopter Touches Events.
5. 1530 to 1700 Free Flying.
6. 1700 Event Closure.

1. ETA Fixed Wing, Helicopters & Multi Rotor
Draw a time from a hat (can be anything from 90 to 150 seconds). Flyer has to take off and land, trying to land in a time, as near as possible to the time drawn from the hat. Winner is the pilot who lands the nearest to their time. Time starts from when the wheels or skids (helicopters / multi rotor) leave the ground and ends when they wheels/skids touch back down (no transmitter timers or watches allowed).
2. Loops/Rolls-Fixed Wing
On the signal of the time keeper each pilot must take off and complete 3 rolls, 3 loops and then land within a defined area. 20 seconds will be added to the time for any pilot landing outside the defined area. The time will commence when the time keeper gives the signal and will end when the wheels touch the ground. The winner will be the pilot that completes the sequence in the fastest time.
3. Helicopter Touches - Helicopters
Each pilot will take off from the take-off spot. The pilot will then fly to the 3 other marked spots (can do in any order they wish), but must touch a landing skid on each of the spots. The pilot must then land back on the take-off spot. The winner will be the pilot that completes the sequence in the fastest time.

Thank You,
Martin Lynn.
DDMAC Treasurer and Membership Secretary.
Mobile: 07802 725 231.
Email: martinlynn59@gmail.com

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:57 am 
Site Admin

Easter 2016 Fun Fly Update

I am still planning to go ahead with this event, although the weather is going to take a turn for the worse, over the bank holiday weekend (that is a surprise).

The jet stream is going to move north over the next few days, dragging low pressure in, from the Atlantic.

This is going to give, some heavy rain showers at times, inter mingled with sunny spells. The wind speeds will increase too.

I am just hoping on Monday, we get a window of sunny spells, for the duration of our event. We will be lucky to escape, without some rain during the day.

Martin Lynn.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:05 pm 

Aaaaand... Of course this would be the day I start my new jobs training...

Have fun guys lol.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:22 am 
Site Admin

The weather forecast for this event, is looking increasingly poor, with predicted strong winds and heavy rain showers. There is the chance of some sunny intervals, so let’s hope we are lucky and can do some flying.

I am going to go ahead, irrespective of the weather, even if it just means, people can get together, to eat the food and have a natter.

Martin.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:50 pm 

Aaaaand... They've changed my start date, I'll be coming along... lol.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:57 am 
Site Admin

This event is going ahead.

I will be down at the field from about 10.00am to set things up.

The event is scheduled to start at 11.00am.

The weather forecast is not looking good, with the prospect of some heavy rain showers and strong winds.

If we cannot fly due to the weather, we can at least eat the food and have a natter.

The current forecast is suggesting, the rain should clear away around midday and it will then remain cloudy, with some possible sunny spells. There is going to be a strong wind (20 mph with gusts to nearly 40 mph), from the West or North West.

Martin.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:52 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you to everyone, who attended and helped out with this event.

The weather was far from perfect, with 20 mph winds and gusts to over 40 mph.

The rain did eventually clear away and kept away for most of the day, apart from one brief shower.

We raised £95.45 for the Kirkwood Hospice. Thank you for all the donations.

Martin Lynn.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:21 pm 

I think a good day was had by all and apart from one light shower the heavy rain kept away. Thank you Martin for organising the day, it turned out to be a very sociable event.
Allan and Sheila.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:02 pm 

Thanks for another great day Martin. I was pleasantly surprised at the good turnout from our own club and visitors from other clubs as well.

Richard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:14 pm 

Although I couldn't stay very long the attendance was already pretty good even with a force nine gale blowing!!
Thanks to Mr Lynn and all his wonderful catering crew for all their work,the sausage sarnies went down a treat 8-)