www.dewsburymac.org.uk
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:43 pm 

Hi Martin.
I will be down too.....Dave.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:09 pm 

If its not too late Paul and I will be over. (Had to wait for the family to decide what they were doing....)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:11 am 
Site Admin

This event is currently still going ahead.

The current weather forecast for Sunday 28th is not looking too bad (but we all know that this can soon change over the next few days). Currently the forecast is, for a fine but cold day, with the possibility of some sun and a moderate to strong breeze from the North.

After circulating our local clubs and inviting them to join us for this event, Keighley (KADMAC) have indicated that 6 to 8 of their members will be coming over. Pontefract and Horbury did reply, but to date (24/12/2014) they have not indicated that any of their members will be coming on the day. I did not receive a reply or acknowledgement from any, of our other local clubs.

I have shown the proposed itinerary with timings below.

I will update this section on the forum with any changes. If the weather does deteriorate significantly and I have to cancel, I will put any updates and information on here.

Hoping for some good weather on Sunday and hopefully to see you all then.

Thank You,

Martin Lynn.

Event Details

1. ETA!
Each pilot must take off and land in a time as near as possible to 150 seconds. The winner is the pilot who lands the nearest to the time. Time starts from when the wheels or skids (helicopters) leave the ground and ends when they wheels/skids touch back down (no transmitter timers or watches allowed).

2. Touch & Go-Planes
Each pilot must take off and complete as many touch and goes in 2 minutes. The time keeper will give the instruction for the pilot to go and start the watch. The pilot must then take off and complete as many touch and goes as they can, within the 2 minute period. A full circuit must be completed between each touch (you can turn as tight as you dare but must complete a full circuit between each touch of the wheels). The winner will be the pilot who completes the most touches in the allotted time.

3. Helicopter Touches-Helicopters
Each pilot will take off from the take off spot. The pilot will then fly to the 3 other marked spots (can do in any order they wish) but must touch a landing skid on each of the spots. The pilot must then land back on the take off spot. The winner will be the pilot that completes the sequence in the fastest time.

Event Timings

1. 1100 to 1200 Free Flying.
2. 1200 to 1245 Bacon/ Sausage Sandwiches Tea & Coffee Served
3. 1245 to 1400 ETA Event & Free Flying.
4. 1400 to 1530 Fixed Wing Touch & Go & Helicopter Touches Event.
5. 1530 onward Free Flying & perhaps some Night Flying.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

This event is going ahead.

I will be at the field from 10.30am. It looks like the weather should be fine, but cold, with possible sunny spells and a moderate breeze from the West or North West. There is some snow on the field but it is flyable. Might have to change the touch and go event, as models tend to dig in, to the snow and tip over.

Martin.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:14 pm 

We should be there before 11.00am.

Allan and Sheila.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:15 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you to everyone who attended and helped out, at our Christmas fun fly today.

The weather was cold but bright with snow still on the field. From my point of view, the day seemed to go down, quite well.

Thank you to those who travelled from the Keighley, Pontefract, Brighouse and Huddersfield clubs. I hope you enjoyed the day.

Finally thank you for the charity donations to Kirkwood Hospice. We took just over £70.00 on the day.

Martin Lynn.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:50 pm 

Many Thanks Martin - and helpers. As you said it appeared to be a great success. It was good to see visitors from other clubs. The condition of the field (remnants of snow and ice) added to the challenge and fun, particularly taking off and landing! The hot bacon teacakes with tomatoes were delicious. Things like that taste better in the open air and were very welcome along with the hot drinks. As you can tell, I really enjoyed the day.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:14 pm 

We had a great day and the visitors from other clubs that we spoke to did as well, we had nothing but positive comments.

The weather was good too and it's already been said that the snow made it a bit more challenging for the competitions but also more fun.

We would like to say a big THANK YOU to Martin for organising the day.

Allan and Sheila.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:33 pm 

Another great funfly,nice to see other faces from our surrounding area too.
Thanks to everyone who organized the event and helped on the day,much appreciated.
Daz