Dewsbury & District Model Aero Club (DDMAC) Forum

www.dewsburymac.org.uk
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:10 am 
Site Admin

Club Meeting
The next club meeting is Thursday 12th October 2017 (7.30pm start) @ Batley RAFA Club (provisional agenda below).

1. Membership Update -99 members.
2. Club Bonfire Saturday 4th November.
3. Winter night flying. Fortnightly. Wednesday evenings with HDMAC- invite other clubs.
4. DDMAC Christmas Dinner Friday 15th December 2017 @ The Pear Tree Mirfield.
5. AGM 14th December 2017. Committee posts & agenda items (website, training co-ordinator & social/fun fly events).
6. AOB.

Club Bonfire
The club bonfire and Guy Fawkes fun fly is set to go ahead on Saturday 4th November 2017 (website link below for details).

http://www.dewsburymac.org.uk/bonfire.html

I have only had replies from 4 people so far, indicating they are coming with their respective groups. This means that we have only about 15 people coming and only 4 club members. On this basis the event is not viable and we may have to cancel it. We had 120 people at the bonfire last year. Perhaps it has run its course and it is time for a change. If you are intending to come along, please let me know.

Club Dinner
The club dinner is on Friday 15th December 2017, the day after the club AGM (website link below for details). Places are strictly limited this year and I will not be able to accommodate people at the last minute like last year. 12 people have indicated they are coming so far. If you want to come please let me know asap (website link below for details).
http://www.dewsburymac.org.uk/christmasdinner.html

Club AGM
The club AGM is on Thursday 14th December 2017 (7.30pm start) @ Batley RAFA Club. If you fancy helping run the club or joining the committee, please let us know.
On a personal note, I was hoping to take a less active role in running the club next year and let someone with some new ideas have ago. If elected, I would continue as treasurer and membership secretary, but if anyone fancies taking the job on, I would stand down.
In the last 6 years, I resurrected the club bonfire, organised the numerous fun fly events, updated the club website, set up the forum, & attempted to make club training more structured. I feel that I have run out of ideas and things have become somewhat stale. Perhaps it is time for a change.

If you fancy doing any of the jobs below please let me know.
1. Organising Fly-Ins and joint club Fun Fly Events for 2018.
2. Running the regular training sessions and coordinating the training for 2018.
3. Run and maintain the club website and forum.

Martin Lynn,
DDMAC Membership Secretary.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:02 pm 

As is the case with women in my experience, I'm having trouble pinning down our lass and a couple of her mates. Apparently I'll know by Monday night. They all work at the same place so rotas are a problem.
If it all comes out, there could be up to four of us...

I'll let you know as soon as I do.

Profile Send private message